Yesterday I hosted the Barlow Baby Boy BOO Brunch after a string of baby showers for sweet little girls over the last several months. It was a nice gathering for Lonna and her friends (and mine). She gave me a somewhat little guest list, but we still had a decent turnout. A few more were here than I have pictures of. Since Lonna is due in October, I asked her if she would mind if I went with a fall or Halloween color scheme, and she was on board with the whimsical color palette. Take a look!
Zoom in on Wilbur's board if you want to see the menu.






What a pretty mama!

Too bad I didn't capture a picture of Paige's "Daggers 'o Fruit," which went well with Michele's Pirate's Booty Dip (aka Hawaiian Fruit Dip...get it? Pirates find treasure in the Caribbean, or Hawaii...my friend thought we meant the other kind of booty...lol). Lindsay's "cowboy caviar" was a delicious success too.


Zoom in on the little black BOO buckets on the right of Lindsay to see what I served veggie fingers in, filled with carrot sticks, celery sticks, red bell pepper sticks, and grape tomatoes. I spotted these at Target the night before the shower in the "dollar spot" and had to get them since they say "BOO" on them!
Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...
Comments
I also love your table art of the Salt Lake Temple - wonderful old photo!