Skip to main content

Happy two year anniversary to Wonko's

Our friends (and neighbors) Chad and Adele have a toy store in Austin that opened two years ago and tonight, we celebrated with them at dinner out at Kobe Japanese Steakhouse. Happy two-year anniversary to Wonko's! (It's located near the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and Hobby Lobby on Hwy. 183, in case you're interested. Buy from our friends!)
Kelly and I got the kids McDonald's for dinner while we dined on steak, shrimp, lobster, and sushi.
Hunter ordered this, and I thought it looks so delish, that I conned him out of one of his pieces of sushi for one of mine, which were all the same.
Our chef lit up the tower of onions for volcano of fire.
The shrimp and the salmon looked so tasty on the Hibachi grill.
One of my favorites is the grilled vegetables. The only thing that takes away from the feast is seeing how much oil and butter they dowse on all the food. Kelly's fillet mignon was so tender that it tasted like butter. It was the most tender steak I have sunk my teeth into. It's always a wonderful time when my husband takes me out to dinner, and this was a great excuse to get together, to celebrate with Chad. Congratulations!

Comments

~ Tina said…
hey, love your hair!
~ Tina said…
don't you know all that 'butter and oil' just cooks off in a place like that??? Fat Free, don't cha know!
hey, you only live once!
Holly said…
Yum, my favorite! It's funny, we were at a hibachi restaurant over the weekend too and one of the girls at our table said when she first got there, "oh, I hope it's as good as Kobe!" She said at the end that it was a good competitor and she was glad to not have to drive to Houston for a japanese steak house anymore.
Lonna said…
I love to see all the fun food that you eat. I have seen that store. I didn't realize that it was a kids toy store. How fun.
Julie said…
I will definitely have to check out your friend's store for Christmas and Sheridan's birthday coming up.

That restaurant looks like fun! Where is it?

Popular posts from this blog

It's my birthday!

Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...

The BIG REVEAL!

We LOVE our new pool! There are a couple of problems that need to be fixed, so we're crossing our fingers that they get it done right, and soon, considering we have given them the final check for the balance of the pool, and we don't have any leverage. Three of the waterfalls work. This is the main one and I like the natural look. Below, here's the deep end waterfall, and it's flows nicely. The water sheer like this one, that flows into the shallow beach area, is the fall that is not working. It's frustrating, but hopefully they'll fix it soon. The fountain in the spa is blocked too. Here's the small rock waterfall, which works just great. It took about 18 hours to fill the pool and we practically watched it gallon by gallon. I stayed up all night long, making sure it didn't overflow. We swim in it every day. Last night we went on a midnight swim and it was beautiful. The water temperature is perfect. I'm extremely thankful that we have our new...

Triathlon triumph

Are you kidding me? A triathlon and I have never belonged in the same sentence. It must have been time for something new! (The "BEFORE" race shot, with goggles and swim cap in hand.) What an unforgettable week this was! I actually DID enter my first triathlon, with the goal of simply finishing it. Take note of the emphasis on the word FIRST, because I loved it so much, that you can guarantee that there will be more. It was a blast. Seriously. My friends Lorraine and Robin had trained and signed up to do the event, which was two days ago, on Saturday. Three days beforehand, I heard about it and basically had a spontaneous urge to join them, so I registered. The only partial preparation ahead of time that I had been doing was cycling in the neighborhood here and there on my mountain bike with some other friends. And doing some micro-laps in our backyard pool. Our friend, Dave, was also there. The three of us women appreciated Dave's encouragement and support, as he's ...