Yay, Kelly! My husband is at a conference in San Jose and he just called me to tell me that he was voted by the attendees as the best overall paper presented....again! The conference organizers handed him a check for $1,000 to honor him, and he plans to spend it on something fun. I'm really excited for Kelly and very proud of his hard work and excellence in his field. The topic has nineteen words in the title and its content is completely foreign to me, otherwise, I'd tell you about it. I'm just really proud of my smart, talented husband and wanted to brag about him.
Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...
Comments
Way to go Kelly boy- that's the way to write a paper!