

I've been organizing space for some of my new food storage items I got recently, and have wanted to try out the dehydrated apples. Today I made this tasty dessert which I got from the Pampered Chef's
It's Good For You cookbook. It's in the oven right now and I'll add a photo later tonight. I hope it's good!
Step One--prepare apple and cherry mixture
- 6 cups dehydrated apple slices, rehydrated with 3 cups boiling water
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
Pour fruit mixture into casserole dish or rectangle pan.
Step Two--prepare streusel topping
- 1/4 cup (1/2 of a stick) butter
- 1/4 cup pecans
- 1 cup old-fashioned or quick oats
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Melt butter, then mix in remaining ingredients. Spread topping over top of fruit mixture. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes. Serve with Cool Whip, whipped cream or ice cream.
Delicious!
Comments
Robin, I have yet to try out the potato pearls, but I have heard they are really tasty.