Late Friday evening, I landed in Seattle and returned home today on Labor Day. I have a lot more pictures to post from the gala, but here are just a few to start out with. Here is one of me with Justyn, the day of her Bat Mitzvah.
Here are Justyn's parents, Andy and Janine.
This was from Alki Beach, a view of Seattle in West Seattle.
Norwegian Cruise Lines had a ship in port.
The Space Needle!
Here are my friends, Tina, Janine, and me.
What a delightful weekend I had visiting two of my good friends, former Pampered Chef colleagues, Tina and Janine. I went there to attend Janine's daughter's Bat Mitzvah and had a blast. I stayed with Tina and her family, and Tina was my date to all the festivities. The three of us used to have fun on trips to exciting destinations with our husbands (Caribbean cruise, Rome, Munich, Barcelona, etc.) and we've all since resigned from the company, but have remained close friends.
Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...
Comments