Skip to main content

No school until January!

Today was my kids' last day of school for the calendar year. Yay! As the homeroom mom for Christopher's third grade class, I was in charge of the party. I made this little snowman and had the kids play "Put the Nose on the Snowman." Each made his or her own carrot nose then put the Santa hat down over their eyes, and a scarf around their neck, then aimed for the snowman. I then took a picture of each child. Here's Eric, who is Christopher's buddy, our neighbor who lives two houses over from ours. He's a great kid.
Christopher and Mrs. Jordan ham it up for their picture together. She's such a delightful, well organized, friendly teacher. The party was entertaining for the students. I also had the kids wad up sheets of white paper to make snowballs, then they did a snowball toss into into my new snowflake bowls from Crate and Barrel, which I got from Shauna, and they also played a third game of "throw the snowballs at the cans," where we had six empty soda cans, stacked in a pyramid, and they knocked them over. Then there was the all the food that I helped to orchestrate in preparing, serving, and cleaning. Now that the party is over, I'm exhausted and just want to veg out.
The kids are happy to get their winter vacation, without a doubt. It's also a well deserved break for the parents as their support system. I certainly am relieved.

Comments

Heidi said…
O man elementary school rocks! I loved Christmas parties!
Anonymous said…
Looks fun! You're so creative, no surprise!

Popular posts from this blog

It's my birthday!

Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...

The BIG REVEAL!

We LOVE our new pool! There are a couple of problems that need to be fixed, so we're crossing our fingers that they get it done right, and soon, considering we have given them the final check for the balance of the pool, and we don't have any leverage. Three of the waterfalls work. This is the main one and I like the natural look. Below, here's the deep end waterfall, and it's flows nicely. The water sheer like this one, that flows into the shallow beach area, is the fall that is not working. It's frustrating, but hopefully they'll fix it soon. The fountain in the spa is blocked too. Here's the small rock waterfall, which works just great. It took about 18 hours to fill the pool and we practically watched it gallon by gallon. I stayed up all night long, making sure it didn't overflow. We swim in it every day. Last night we went on a midnight swim and it was beautiful. The water temperature is perfect. I'm extremely thankful that we have our new...

Our new daughter!

This picture was taken at church a few days ago while Kelly was on his way to the US for work this week. We have some wonderful news to share.  We are adopting 7-year-old Yeh Min Yu, who has been in our home off and on the last couple of months.  There's a lot that goes into making this official, dealing with US Homeland Security to arrange for her immigration visa, Taiwan courts and Chinese documents, getting a home study done by a licensed, qualified person, applying for a passport.  You have no idea.  I'll be glad when it's all done, but I couldn't wait to share this bit of joy with everyone.  We will name her Hannah to go on her new US birth certificate.  She's excited and nervous to go to America with us.  She can say more than 100 words in English so far.  Some of her favorite things to say are "small dog, butterfly, apple, pig."  She says it more like pig-uh.  We love her and feel this is one of the reasons we came to Taiwan....