Lindsey made lunch for us after church yesterday too. The family watched the movie, Aragon, together, which we enjoyed. Kelly gave me a very beautiful Mother's Day card and what he wrote inside it, was even more of a treasure. Of course I'll keep it by my nightstand for weeks and look at it daily. I love my family. My mom had her mobile telephone turned off on Mother's Day and I tried to call three or four times. I tried her home phone first and left a message. We called Kelly's mom on the way to church and had a nice, long conversation with her and were able to wish her a happy Mother's Day, which was nice. She was very grateful, as always.
Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...
Comments