Skip to main content

Tag o' Three

3 JOYS
--Doing something fun together with my family, like playing Rock Band last night
--Sending someone a homemade card
--Fresh flowers, I can't get enough of them. I love any color, any variety, tiny bouquets, large ones

3 FEARS
--Gaining more weight (gosh, I looked pretty good 35 pounds ago!)
--Having something scary, bad, or awful happen to my children
--Loss of communication with family or friends

3 GOALS
--Genealogy
--Swim like a fish when my pool gets done and try to swim off some poundage
--Do better at putting away laundry. It drives me nuts when I wash something, then never put it in the dryer, then a couple days later have to rewash it because it's smelly. Forget plastic bags...I could conserve water by not doing this as much.

3 CURRENT OBSESSION/COLLECTIONS
--New Moon. I just started reading it today, and have done nothing else.
--My swimming pool. Sorry for blogging about it so much. I'm beyond anxious to have it completed as it's going to be the answer to life, the universe, and everything to me.
--Z-Tejas. I love that place. Kelly took me there for a date (thanks, Honey!) on Friday night, and it was a fantastic meal. The smoked chicken chili relleno, chorizo stuffed pork tenderloin with green beans and mashed potatoes, the three types of salsa and chips. There was a definite party going on with my tastebuds and I can't wait to go back.

3 SURPRISES ABOUT ME
--I love squishy feather pillows. This is a boring answer, I know, but since most of you don't lounge around with me, I thought you might not know this important tidbit.
--I have to take thyroid medicine for the rest of my life because I had a t-ectomy right after we got married. As if the last response wasn't completely boring enough.
--So now I'll go for something depressing, not seeking pity. My youth is kind of a blur because our family moved about 50 times before going out on my own. I think I'm a better person now because of it. Stable, if anything.

So thanks for tagging me, Jennie. Julie in Austin, I don't dare tag you because when you tagged me last, I never did do it. Sorry! But I'll tag you back, just for the heck of it. Let's see, the others I'm going to tag are Jennifer in Va., Madison, since she's got a new blog, and Michele, to kind of give you something to blog about in your spare time.

Comments

jennie w. said…
Rockband? Lucky! What instrument do you play?
Lonna said…
Oh I liked reading your answers. I feel like we have so much in common, Laundry, fear of something happening to our kids, the obsession with your pool, yep we were meant to be friends.

I also like that you love to eat out, and I did learn a few new things too, feather pillows, nice.
i'm very jealous that you are reading new moon for the first time! i loved that whole series. It made me feel like I was 16 again!! And like you, I did nothing else while reading it.

I really enjoyed reading your answers. I'm excited for your pool to be done.
Kelly said…
To answer your question, Jennie, I'm a spaz at most video games probably because I don't give them a chance, but I'm a rockin' lead singer on Rock Band! I sound really incredible in the shower too.
Lisa said…
Great answers Kelly! I cracked up when I read the line about the laundry. I can so totally relate!

And I'm with you also on the Z-tejas - that place is amazing! I haven't been there in about a year but I remember loving what I got and becoming totally obsessed with going back. Did you try their desert? I got some kind of chocolatey-toffee treat and it was to die for!
Michele said…
That is so much fun, you may need to let me know what to do now that you tagged me.
Megs said…
I love fresh flowers as well. Especially on the bathroom counter. So refreshing. I hear you on the gaining weight, always something I am thinking about it. And lastly, I love New Moon. I can't wait for the first movie to come out!!
Julie said…
I'm right there with you on laundry! I think all the years I worked in retail jaded me on folding clothes!

It was fun learning some new things about you! I didn't know you moved around a lot when you were a child.....another thing we have in common!
Wanda said…
Ha! I knew you would love New Moon. Her stuff is addictive - and I'm not a vampire fan either. Loved the Rockband night. We just had a Guitar Hero party with some neighbors and it was a blast. I enjoyed learning more about you - especially that I'm not alone in the forgotten wet laundry department!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Ninnies and Nini

Our family got to attend the monthly stake temple day at the Taipei temple on Saturday.   Lindsey and Christopher did their temple work, then waited outside on the beautiful grounds and at the chapel next door until we were finished with our session. After that, we enjoyed hamburgers at a place we heard about called California Grill, then did some exploring.
Lindsey arrived last week from Rexburg, completing 32 credit hours and her first year of college at Brigham Young University-Idaho. We are so glad to have her home with us!  She will be with us until she starts school again in September and will be taking two classes online in the meantime.  In addition to Lindsey's arrival, we've been blessed to have the company of 7-year-old Nini (her real name is Yeh Min-Yu) with us this week.  She's so darling and we love having her around too.  It's kind of funny that when Lindsey was a little toddler and she could not say her name well, she called herself Ninnies.  So we h…

Isaac's creation

One year ago today, this little angel came into our world, sent directly from heaven, without a doubt.  Isaac is our fourth child, but the first that I gave birth to.  He was the result of a successful fertility treatment called In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), our first and only attempt.  The fact that I was 48 years old when I got pregnant, is a miracle in and of itself.  I had long since given up the idea of ever being able to experience pregnancy and childbirth after having been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, until a rare contact from a dear friend had renewed my desire.  This is the story of how Isaac came to be, and the loving environment that welcomed him.  Take note of the numerous small miracles along the way, leading up to our pursuing this dream.

There was a three-week window of opportunity when our family had come to our Austin home for the holidays, while we were living in Taiwan for one year.  My long, lost friend sent us a beautiful Christmas card, perhaps the fi…

Class of 2030 first day of school

First day of kindergarten was a huge hit!
The only thing that went wrong, other than arriving to school a few hours late due to our flight from Denver and no sleep the night before from seeing the 2017 American solar eclipse in Casper, Wyoming, was losing two small, black buttons from his brand new blue and gray plaid Hurley shirt.
My little boy started kindergarten and I'm so excited for the freedom it will give me while he's away at school, but especially I'm glad for the fun times he will have in learning and being with new friends.  He was so ready and excited!  I didn't know any of the kindergarten teachers at the school, but after meeting Mrs. C, I'm so glad we got her!  Her body language and introduction to Isaac were so sweet and made him feel safe, loved and welcome.
I ordered this fun and festive balloon from ATXBubbles and they delivered it to our front door.  Isaac loved his after school surprise.
He picked out this backpack because the inside says &quo…