Skip to main content

Movie night: Twilight

Here it is, Twilight, the Movie, in theaters everywhere. I snapped a picture of Edward and the Cullen clan at the beginning of the movie Friday night, and it was a thrilling time for all of us. Lindsey convinced me to read the books, which I enjoyed, and her dad even got sucked in to the series. To support her excitement, I bought 20 tickets to the movie on Fandango a few weeks ago and sent evites out to several people who I thought might be into Twilight. I should have bought more! We had a great evening and I look forward to seeing it again. Doug and Sue are always up for a party!Garrett and his mom, Dachelle, joined the fun. Alex, Heidi, and Lindsey have been anticipating this day for a long time.
Lisa couldn't talk JL into coming with her, but I was proud of her for coming with us solo.
Jeremy, Amy, Cheryl, and Dave were enthusiastic participants. Cheryl is the reason I organized this event because she's such a big Twilight fan and has gone to NYC and Houston for book signing and Twilight related events.
Darren and Jennie always add an element of excitement to any gathering.
Kelly met me there. He and my friends' husbands plus one other man were the only adult men in the teen-aged packed theater. There were only about five teen young men there with dates.
Sue managed to convince Rick to be there, but he declined the opportunity to be photographed.
Everyone but Sue and Rick liked the movie. It had its flaws, but overall, I really liked it and was glad that the movie stayed quite close to the book. Edward's facial expressions were a little goofy in the beginning when he first met Bella Swan, and Jasper was a bit too much to bear. I could not stand looking at Jacob Black's ridiculous wig, he didn't really look Native American, but rather a dark haired boy with a horrible wig. And his dad didn't fit the part or image I had in my mind. I am already anticipating the next movie and will most likely buy a big lot of tickets for that one too. If you see this post and wish you'd been invited, please let me know and I'll be sure to include you for New Moon.

Comments

Heidi said…
I agree about Edward's silly expression when he met Bella. Oh and the wig- hilarious! But I LOVED the movie- all those teenage hormones ;-)
Hildie said…
Kelly, you didn't mention what a super-fun time we had afterwards. I haven't laughed that much in ages!
looks like a great night. wish I could have been there! new moon for sure!
Ben Davis said…
Who is that beautiful brunette in the third to last picture? Was she one of the stars from the movie come out to the premiere? Her skin is so velvety and shimmering pearlescent pale. The wisdom in her eyes could only be acquired through centuries of experience, but her amazing features betell of an innocence at odds with her obvious maturity. Maybe she's an actual vampire come out to enjoy the show!?
Lonna said…
Wow you had a great turn out it looks like fun. I am glad that there were so many willing husbands to go with the wives.

Always a party where you are Kelly.
Lorie said…
How fun!! I haven't seen it yet, but am looking forward to it!
Hildie said…
(Ben is my little brother.)
Kelly said…
Thanks for identifying Ben, Jen. (Sorry, I couldn't resist calling you that.)
Looks like it was fun! Boy did i miss out, I didnt even finish the first book! Bummer!
Lisa said…
Thanks again for planning this Kelly! The movie was great - but the company and the after-party were my favorite part!
~ Tina said…
Kelly, you are awesome!
I'll update soon too (left camera in Vegas... duh) and a post will be on Twilight! Love that the men were there - none in our group!
Kellie said…
I wish we could have made it. Looks like a lot of fun!
Bobbi said…
I have to admit, despite the poor moments (the gagging when he met her, the flying/running stuff), and that I was sure I wouldn't like Pattinson as Edward, I loved the movie! Maybe going with all women helped me not feel self-conscious about the teen angst and passion--I remember feeling just like that many, many years ago.
Callisto said…
Don't tell Morgan, but I am planning on buying her a copy of the DVD before I leave here. The DVD store I go to said that it's coming this Friday. I'm glad, because that means I can save the money I would have spent buying a theater ticket!

Popular posts from this blog

Book of Mormon Stories Pool Party!

Hopefully this title, Book of Mormon Stories Pool Party , does not sound irreverent, because as an Activity Days leader, I felt compelled to come up with a fun end-of-the-summer event that is also uplifting, and after all, who doesn't love a splash in the pool on a hot day in August?  My current church calling, or official role that I volunteer for, allows me to plan two activities each month for girls ages 8 to 11, that will encourage them to learn and live the gospel, serve others, and use the talents Heavenly Father has given them, to learn to do many good things.  This year's seminary course of study for high school students is The Book of Mormon, and since I am a huge fan of this inspired book of scripture, I came up with this idea to have each girl show up to my house with a written summary of one of her favorite stories from within its many pages, and share it with the rest of the girls, while outside in our swimsuits near our backyard swimming pool!  As each girl shares

Our new daughter!

This picture was taken at church a few days ago while Kelly was on his way to the US for work this week. We have some wonderful news to share.  We are adopting 7-year-old Yeh Min Yu, who has been in our home off and on the last couple of months.  There's a lot that goes into making this official, dealing with US Homeland Security to arrange for her immigration visa, Taiwan courts and Chinese documents, getting a home study done by a licensed, qualified person, applying for a passport.  You have no idea.  I'll be glad when it's all done, but I couldn't wait to share this bit of joy with everyone.  We will name her Hannah to go on her new US birth certificate.  She's excited and nervous to go to America with us.  She can say more than 100 words in English so far.  Some of her favorite things to say are "small dog, butterfly, apple, pig."  She says it more like pig-uh.  We love her and feel this is one of the reasons we came to Taiwan.  Who would have thoug

Elder Larson to return from Thailand soon

Soon is relative, I suppose. Our son has been away from home more than a year and a half as he has been volunteering as a full-time missionary in the Thailand Bangkok Mission of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints since September 14, 2016. He will be home in four months and is working so hard, knowing his time there is winding down. He has been assigned to train Elder Ben Meyer, from Sydney, Australia, as they serve in Ubon, Thailand. Christopher has been there since November. We are very proud of his dedication and hard work. This week in Thailand, the new prophet, President Russell M. Nelson, with his wife, Wendy Nelson, along with one of the Twelve Apostles, Elder Jeffrey R. Holland, and his wife, Patricia Holland, will be on their world ministering tour and be where our son is. The Church members and missionaries in Thailand are very excited and happy for this special visit! I can't wait to hear how it goes, and I look forward to pictures and stories to come.