Skip to main content

U T game, fun times celebrating

Kelly and I went to the University of Texas football game on Saturday against Baylor. It's always an exciting place to be. Here are some pictures from Saturday, in no particular order. At the end of the games, the crowd never leaves right afterwards. Everyone hangs around and they sing the school song, The Eyes of Texas. People stand up and sing while holding up the Hook 'em Horns sign.
This was afterwards when a lot of the crowd had cleared out of the stadium.
At the beginning of the game, there's always a grand entrance of the team starting from exciting, loud music from the Jumbotron. This brand new section of the stadium is empty for the moment because it's where the band and a lot of the supports who are involved in the pre-game festivities sit.
Then with a big cloud of smoke and enthusiasm, the University of Texas Longhorns rush out onto the field and the crowds go wild.
Here's my favorite fan.
This was a play in the fourth quarter toward the end of the game, right before another Texas touchdown.
In addition to the grand entrance of the football team, there are always these military fighter planes that fly directly over the stadium at exactly the precise, right time every game, and it sends chills up your spine while the National Anthem is finishing with "and the land of the free, and the home of the brave."
Goose bumps. It's awesome.
Not as awesome, the price of the tickets. Face value was $75 each, but the place where I get them likes to tack on another little bonus for themselves, so it usually costs us more than $200 for two tickets. I miss the student days of $8 tickets.
This t-shirt worn by this dad here, says it all about Texas football fans.
"Excuse me, ma'am. Mind if I sit right here next to you?"
"No problem, cowboy."
What a fun day with gorgeous weather. I'm glad it started at 11 am because we attended the Saturday evening session of stake conference later that night.
Thanks for the day-date, Honey!

Comments

Lisa said…
I love it when the players rush out of the smoke tunnel. That's my favorite part. Glad you had fun - Hook 'em!
Jess said…
so much fun! I've never been to a UT game believe it or not but they look like so much fun! :)
i really want to go to a UT game. i'm not sure we have that many left to see! I love football games. You guys look great and very festive! You look great in burnt orange! And I'm not sure you can beat Bevo the mascot and the hand sign is so perfect.
Happy The Man said…
I loved when Texas Tech beat them. Sorry, when my team isn't on the top, I just love a good upset... Maybe Texas will play Alabama in the Orange bowl, then I'll be pulling for Texas. But I think Texas Tech will have to lose a game. They've still got two tough ones so we'll see.
Lonna said…
I think that you just might bleed burnt orange. I love how you are such a big fan of the longhorns.

Sounds like a really fun game.
Bobbi said…
Looks like a fun day! UT has very loyal fans. Since Heidi and Ben lived there we have followed the team more closely, and cheered them on. Aren't ticket prices ridiculous?!
The Roberts said…
I still have not gone to a game after living here 4 years. I want to just have not been able to yet. I am glad you two had so much fun.
~ Tina said…
OMG... that cowboy was really cute!
I also like the last photo of the two of you - super cute!
You are so cute, Kelly! In fact the two of you are so sweet, I need to call my dentist! :-) I missed your smiling face at Enrichment last night, but I am excited to see you next weekend!
thats a very cute picture of you two!
Conni said…
Whew! Thanks for the dose of burnt orange. I don't see much of that here. You guys are always doing such fun stuff!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Ninnies and Nini

Our family got to attend the monthly stake temple day at the Taipei temple on Saturday.   Lindsey and Christopher did their temple work, then waited outside on the beautiful grounds and at the chapel next door until we were finished with our session. After that, we enjoyed hamburgers at a place we heard about called California Grill, then did some exploring.
Lindsey arrived last week from Rexburg, completing 32 credit hours and her first year of college at Brigham Young University-Idaho. We are so glad to have her home with us!  She will be with us until she starts school again in September and will be taking two classes online in the meantime.  In addition to Lindsey's arrival, we've been blessed to have the company of 7-year-old Nini (her real name is Yeh Min-Yu) with us this week.  She's so darling and we love having her around too.  It's kind of funny that when Lindsey was a little toddler and she could not say her name well, she called herself Ninnies.  So we h…

Isaac's creation

One year ago today, this little angel came into our world, sent directly from heaven, without a doubt.  Isaac is our fourth child, but the first that I gave birth to.  He was the result of a successful fertility treatment called In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), our first and only attempt.  The fact that I was 48 years old when I got pregnant, is a miracle in and of itself.  I had long since given up the idea of ever being able to experience pregnancy and childbirth after having been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, until a rare contact from a dear friend had renewed my desire.  This is the story of how Isaac came to be, and the loving environment that welcomed him.  Take note of the numerous small miracles along the way, leading up to our pursuing this dream.

There was a three-week window of opportunity when our family had come to our Austin home for the holidays, while we were living in Taiwan for one year.  My long, lost friend sent us a beautiful Christmas card, perhaps the fi…

Class of 2030 first day of school

First day of kindergarten was a huge hit!
The only thing that went wrong, other than arriving to school a few hours late due to our flight from Denver and no sleep the night before from seeing the 2017 American solar eclipse in Casper, Wyoming, was losing two small, black buttons from his brand new blue and gray plaid Hurley shirt.
My little boy started kindergarten and I'm so excited for the freedom it will give me while he's away at school, but especially I'm glad for the fun times he will have in learning and being with new friends.  He was so ready and excited!  I didn't know any of the kindergarten teachers at the school, but after meeting Mrs. C, I'm so glad we got her!  Her body language and introduction to Isaac were so sweet and made him feel safe, loved and welcome.
I ordered this fun and festive balloon from ATXBubbles and they delivered it to our front door.  Isaac loved his after school surprise.
He picked out this backpack because the inside says &quo…