Skip to main content

Quick trip to Salt Lake and Las Vegas

Nearly twenty-four years ago I complete 18 months of service as a full-time missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints that helped shape my life immeasurably. I attended a mission reunion in Salt Lake City on Friday night, with more than 200 in attendance. The evening was so much fun. My only issues were that I showed up two hours late, thanks to a delayed flight from Denver, and I felt the night was too short, and the fact that my camera battery died just after I got there. Still a wonderful weekend trip I took alone, and left the family behind to miss me a few days. I'll summarize my travels in the following pictures and brief descriptions BELOW each image. Enjoy! My trainer, ReNae, and me.
Waking up to a dusting of snow.
My brother and his wife's casa.
Incredible gourmet breakfast.
Eggs Benedict extraordinaire.
Refreshing fruit smoothies.
Fresh tulips for ambiance.
Off to General Conference.
Brinley Paige, my niece.
Three nieces.
Nathaniel, my nephew, avec moi.
Balcony seats. Loved being there.
My sister, Julie.
My niece, Madison.
Nathaniel, my nephew.
Aubrey, brand new Mormon, flew out from Oklahoma.
The six of us after conference, soaking in the crisp spring air.
Historic Salt Lake home.
Daffodils delighting the way.
Jan's home, Julie's sister-in-law.
Little America lobby.
Carol, Katie, and Emily.
My rental car, mystery SUV. (I'm not a car person.)
My friend, Barb.
Tabernacle, an architectural feat.
Temple Square.
Thomas, my nephew.
Julie and me, after lunching on Rumbi Island Grill salads with mahi and salmon. Yummy.
Cookie, my favorite dog.
Talked SWA agent into letting me stay an extra day in Vegas to see Valerie.
Valerie's bouquet with Siamese twin flower featured.
New carpeting after upstairs flooding.
Parker, my nephew.
Coincidentally, Marc flew down to Vegas for a conference too.
One day later, wearing same outfit (due to unscheduled stop in Vegas), lunch at La Jeffe's.
Chilly acaiberry yogurt, quite delicious.
Valerie getting Brendan's request. He's been sick.
One for each of us. So yummy.
Happy camper. My nephew, Brendan. What a delightful weekend getaway! I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of my siblings' spouses, Tom, Penni, and Sean. I hope they know I love them too!

Comments

jennie w. said…
Fun trip! You look so cute in all the pics!
Shana said…
Great post! SO fun to see you tonight. It looks like you had quite the adventure! :)
Lonna said…
That looks like a whirl wind trip that was really fun. How great that you were able to talk your airline into letting you stay another day, you will have to teach me those skills for sure.

I totally agree with Jennie, you do look so great in all of those pictures. Glad to have you back.
i love slc at conference time. it's such a happening place! looks like a fantastic trip. and how lucky to be able to spend an extra day in vegas that you didn't even know about!
Cassie said…
Looks like a fun trip! I always love going to conference in the conference center.
Julie V. said…
GREAT photos Kelly. The salads we ate were from Rumbi Island Grill. We had fun with you here, although brief. I am glad you had the kids take a picture of us since I forgot to. Thanks for the fun time.
Kellie said…
How fun to get away on your own. It's nice to remember that you can do that, be on your own I mean. We're glad to have you back.
Maryanne said…
It was great to see you Kelly! Sounds like you had a great time :o)

And what a bummer about your camera battery! I just can't handle camera issues like that. They happen to me a lot more often than I would like! Like driving two hours to take Adam to see and ride the "real" Thomas the Tank Engine and going to take a picture of him next to the train and then have your camera say "No memory card", then I open it to find it empty and then there is NO place in all of Heber City to buy a memory card! Wahhh! I'm still not over that one as you can tell.
Callisto said…
Finally got around to checking out your post about the Utah visit. It sure was nice to see you, even if it was short.

You may or may not have noticed, but I have revived my blog. You may or may not want to drop by for a look.
Bobbi said…
Looks like a fun trip with lots packed in!
Aimee said…
I wish I had been home and was able to hang out with you! I really missed being able to watch Conference. Jim recorded it for me so I watched it from my cozy bed. Hope to see you soon!

Popular posts from this blog

Fun with Ninnies and Nini

Our family got to attend the monthly stake temple day at the Taipei temple on Saturday.   Lindsey and Christopher did their temple work, then waited outside on the beautiful grounds and at the chapel next door until we were finished with our session. After that, we enjoyed hamburgers at a place we heard about called California Grill, then did some exploring.
Lindsey arrived last week from Rexburg, completing 32 credit hours and her first year of college at Brigham Young University-Idaho. We are so glad to have her home with us!  She will be with us until she starts school again in September and will be taking two classes online in the meantime.  In addition to Lindsey's arrival, we've been blessed to have the company of 7-year-old Nini (her real name is Yeh Min-Yu) with us this week.  She's so darling and we love having her around too.  It's kind of funny that when Lindsey was a little toddler and she could not say her name well, she called herself Ninnies.  So we h…

Isaac's creation

One year ago today, this little angel came into our world, sent directly from heaven, without a doubt.  Isaac is our fourth child, but the first that I gave birth to.  He was the result of a successful fertility treatment called In Vitro Fertilization (IVF), our first and only attempt.  The fact that I was 48 years old when I got pregnant, is a miracle in and of itself.  I had long since given up the idea of ever being able to experience pregnancy and childbirth after having been diagnosed with unexplained infertility, until a rare contact from a dear friend had renewed my desire.  This is the story of how Isaac came to be, and the loving environment that welcomed him.  Take note of the numerous small miracles along the way, leading up to our pursuing this dream.

There was a three-week window of opportunity when our family had come to our Austin home for the holidays, while we were living in Taiwan for one year.  My long, lost friend sent us a beautiful Christmas card, perhaps the fi…

Class of 2030 first day of school

First day of kindergarten was a huge hit!
The only thing that went wrong, other than arriving to school a few hours late due to our flight from Denver and no sleep the night before from seeing the 2017 American solar eclipse in Casper, Wyoming, was losing two small, black buttons from his brand new blue and gray plaid Hurley shirt.
My little boy started kindergarten and I'm so excited for the freedom it will give me while he's away at school, but especially I'm glad for the fun times he will have in learning and being with new friends.  He was so ready and excited!  I didn't know any of the kindergarten teachers at the school, but after meeting Mrs. C, I'm so glad we got her!  Her body language and introduction to Isaac were so sweet and made him feel safe, loved and welcome.
I ordered this fun and festive balloon from ATXBubbles and they delivered it to our front door.  Isaac loved his after school surprise.
He picked out this backpack because the inside says &quo…