Skip to main content

Home alone

A warm cream cheese and strawberry Toaster Strudel with some Bing cherries and an HEB drinkable mango yogurt is what I served Kelly this morning before he headed off to work today. Last week was intense for him and I'm so thankful for how hard he works for our family. Now with the kids still in Colorado, I'm home alone and have GOT to get the sewing projects and painting done by next week. I'll pretend it's my job and see if that will help. It has been very quiet around here and I'm rather enjoy it.

Comments

The Roberts said…
As I was reading, I thought that I could send over a few kids but then I saw that you were enjoying the quiet. Not even sure what that word means anymore.
Lisa said…
Good luck - and enjoy!
tom said…
ah, to be home alone.....
tom said…
oops, the last comment is not from Tom, but Julie. So is this one :)
valerie said…
I try to catch up on a few "chick flicks" when I am home alone. Then I don't get made fun of when I am the only one crying!
Callisto said…
Spending a little alone time is always nice. Hopefully you won't miss the kids too much in the next few weeks; we're all really excited for Lindsey to come visit.
~ Tina said…
Kelly! Love your new blog design - and that breakfast for Kelly was just too sweet!

Popular posts from this blog

It's my birthday!

Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...

The BIG REVEAL!

We LOVE our new pool! There are a couple of problems that need to be fixed, so we're crossing our fingers that they get it done right, and soon, considering we have given them the final check for the balance of the pool, and we don't have any leverage. Three of the waterfalls work. This is the main one and I like the natural look. Below, here's the deep end waterfall, and it's flows nicely. The water sheer like this one, that flows into the shallow beach area, is the fall that is not working. It's frustrating, but hopefully they'll fix it soon. The fountain in the spa is blocked too. Here's the small rock waterfall, which works just great. It took about 18 hours to fill the pool and we practically watched it gallon by gallon. I stayed up all night long, making sure it didn't overflow. We swim in it every day. Last night we went on a midnight swim and it was beautiful. The water temperature is perfect. I'm extremely thankful that we have our new...

Triathlon triumph

Are you kidding me? A triathlon and I have never belonged in the same sentence. It must have been time for something new! (The "BEFORE" race shot, with goggles and swim cap in hand.) What an unforgettable week this was! I actually DID enter my first triathlon, with the goal of simply finishing it. Take note of the emphasis on the word FIRST, because I loved it so much, that you can guarantee that there will be more. It was a blast. Seriously. My friends Lorraine and Robin had trained and signed up to do the event, which was two days ago, on Saturday. Three days beforehand, I heard about it and basically had a spontaneous urge to join them, so I registered. The only partial preparation ahead of time that I had been doing was cycling in the neighborhood here and there on my mountain bike with some other friends. And doing some micro-laps in our backyard pool. Our friend, Dave, was also there. The three of us women appreciated Dave's encouragement and support, as he's ...