For several years, I've made this cookie recipe that I concocted myself, and my kids call it my specialty cookies. I found this recipe online today that looks almost identical to mine, but it has two extra ingredients, baking powder and cinnamon, so I thought I'd give it a shot. Then of course, I kicked it up a notch to make them festive looking by adding Wilton's candy melts in red and green. They are phenomenal!
- 3 cups flour
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter (at room temperature)
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 2 cups chopped pecans (8 ounces)
Mix dry ingredients together in bowl, then set aside. Mix butter and sugars together, add eggs and vanilla until creamy. Add the flour mixture, then the chocolate chips, coconut, and pecans. Drop onto cookie sheet using medium scoop. Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes approximately. They are so chewy and delicious. After they cool, a drizzled with red and green candy melts to jazz them up. Makes about 7 dozen cookies.