Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...
Comments
It sounds like you will be having some pretty fun adventures as soon as the heat leaves. I am impressed that you took on the task of driving in the craziness. I think that I would have just limited myself to whatever I could do in walking/public transportation distance. I am totally a chicken like that though.
How did Christopher like his first day of school?
We love biking at Nanliao. Maybe we could all go together for a family activity sometime. Actually it's quite bearable even in the summer because of the cool breeze that comes off the coast.
Have a nice time in the U.S.!