Saturday, April 30, 2011

Classic Spritz Recipe

Want a quick cookie recipe?  These are so simple, delicious, and eye catching.  In a mixing bowl, combine the following ingredients, except the candies.  Press an M&M in each cookie prior to baking.
  • 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) butter, softened
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • M&Ms candies for centers
Do not refrigerate to chill.  Fill cookie press with dough, then press out cookies onto a baking sheet.  Bake at 375 degrees for 10 to 12 minutes.  Makes about 7 dozen.  Happy birthday to my sweet sister-in-law, Brenda, who LOVES shortbread cookies and today is her 40th birthday!

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Yummy! You are so talented...they look so pretty and I'm sure they taste wonderful.

Robert Choate said...

Do they ship well from Taiwan? Do you need my address?

Bobbi said...

These look good. I think I have a spritzer which I have never used, so I will give these a try. How nice to have Lindsey "home" with you, and your beautiful family enhanced with NiNi there. Happy Spring to you!

Kellie said...

Food that looks this cute always tastes better! Yummy.