Obviously, this isn't the actual picture of the finished enchiladas, but for now, this is all I've got. I was too busy making a bajillion batches of chicken ahead for my Activity Days girls' cooking class, to actually take any pictures of the finished casserole. I should be making it in the next few days, and will be sure to add some pictures of it. Thanks to my friend, Stephanie, for sharing her delicious recipe with me. I've made a few minor changes.
Step One--cook chicken in grill pan
- skinless, boneless chicken breasts to yield 2 cups, cubed
- Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning
- olive oil
Step Two--prepare filling mixture
- 1 can (11 ounces) cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (7 ounces) diced green chilis
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1 cup colby/monterey jack blend cheese
- 10 to 12 corn or small flour tortillas
- 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
- 1 can (10 ounces) red enchilada sauce
- 1 additional cup Colby/Monterey Jack blend cheese
Optional serving suggestions include shredded lettuce, salsa, avocado, or pico de gallo. Here's the beginning of my assembling, with a non-stick spray on the bottom, then start rolling them up before pouring the two types of canned enchilada sauce and cheese. If you want to make your own sauce, I highly recommend this recipe. Actually, I prefer her entire recipe over this one! But I tend to use this one a lot because it's so fast and easy and I can do it in my sleep practically.