Date night with my handsome husband on Friday, January 19, was so much fun! I can hardly believe we only paid $10 each at Stubb's Bar-B-Q of all places to hear this excellent band from Virginia. Barry, the lead singer, is very talented and is very entertaining and put on an incredible live show. It was still chilly in Austin a few days ago, as we were just defrosting from the ice storm. The concert was inside, but the doors were open and I was freezing, so I'm glad I wore a wool coat. It was worth it though. If Carbon Leaf comes back to Austin, I highly recommend going to their concert. Thanks, Adele, for the fun recommendation!
















As mentioned in my last post, I wanted to talk about our adventure out on the town in the warehouse district, celebrating our friend, Chad's, 36th birthday with his wife, Adele, and some of their friends and family (Hunter, Deb, Scott, Jenny, Jeremy, Laura, and Chad's dad). We had such a great time and hope to hear Carbon Leaf the next time they come to town. HBTY, Chadwick! We're glad you invited us and hope you have a fantastic year! --the "Kellies"
Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...
Comments