Lindsey is in San Antonio this week at Trinity University for a BYU sponsored week of EFY (Especially for Youth) and is rooming with her best friend from Colorado, Mindi. The two of them have been so excited about spending the week together and the time is finally here.
We grabbed a quick lunch at Whataburger before I took the girls to check in at the dorms. Check out the cricket crawling around on the floor under Lindsey's bench. It adds a certain je ne sais quoi to the meal. (I'm sure my French is misspelled here....)
Here's a cute little picture of me in kindergarten, 1968. All my life, I've never forgotten this shot below in first grade (1969) when the photog asked me to say "peaches" and he snapped the shot at the "ch" sound. If you're trying to get a kid to smile, don't tell them to say peaches. It's scarred me for life. Mom, what the heck happened to my hair? Did I fix it myself? After all, I was in second grade and very capable. My grandma crocheted that groovy vest for me, but who is responsible for the hack job on my hair? Hello, 1970! Who knows where my third grade picture is. We moved so often, changing schools, that I might have missed picture day. Next is my fourth grade mug shot. I must have sworn off bangs by then. Thank goodness for those plastic barrettes to deal with the in-between length. Notice how every year I wore green? Yeah, it's been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I don't have an actual school pic of me in f...
Comments